About the TTIA
The Mission of The Trinidad and Tobago Institute of Architects (TTIA) is to promote excellence in Architecture as an essential contributor to the built environment for present and future generations.
- To advance the art and profession of architecture.
- To consider and safeguard matters of professional practice.
- To promote and afford facilities for the study of architecture
- To serve as a medium of friendly communication between members and others interested in the progress of architecture
The Trinidad and Tobago Institute of Architects (TTIA) is a non-profit organization that promotes the ethical practice, art and science of architecture in Trinidad and Tobago. The TTIA is an association of Architects established under The Act for the Incorporation of the Trinidad and Tobago Institute of Architects in 1988. In Trinidad and Tobago the registration of Architects and the practice of Architecture is regulated by the Board of Architecture of Trinidad and Tobago (BOATT) (www.boa-tt.org/) which was established in Law by the Architecture Profession Act of 1992 (http://www.boa-tt.org/home/act).
To date the TTIA has approximately 80 Full Members who are qualified architects and Trinidad and Tobago Nationals or Permanent Residents of CARICOM. The TTIA is run by an executive elected annually by its members. It has a President, Vice President, Honorary Treasurer, Honorary Secretary and 3 Executive members including the Immediate Past President. A part-time Administrative Assistant supports the Executive and is based at the TTIA Secretariat. The TTIA is a member of the following regional and international organizations:
- International Union of Architects (UIA - Union Internationale des Architectes), www.uia-architectes.org/
- The Commonwealth Association of Architects (CAA) www.comarchitect.org/
- The Association of Commonwealth Societies of Architects in the Caribbean (ACSAC) www.acsac.net/
- The Federation of Caribbean Associations of Architects (FCAA) www.fcaa.info/en/statutes_en.htm
- Joint Consultative Council of Trinidad and Tobago (JCC)
- Trinidad and Tobago Coalition of Services Industries (TTCSI) www.ttcsi.org/
- Trinidad and Tobago Group of Professional Associations (TTGPA)
TTIA Executive 2011-2013
Important Links in this WebsiteContact Information
Code of Professional Conduct
The Board of Architecture of Trinidad & Tobago (BOATT) Code of Professional Conduct
TTIA Professional Practice Course
Please read our disclaimer
TTIA Disclaimer & Limitation of Liability
The information ("Information") accessible by you ("USER") using the TTIA Newswire has sources (collectively "the AUTHORS") which may not originate from the TTIA, its Executive or Members (collectively "the TTIA").
You do not need any permission to link to any of the pages on this site. Non-article and press release pages (TTIA, Join Us, Choosing an Architect, etc.) cannot be republished without prior written consent of the TTIA. You may, however, provide a link to our pages from your site.
The AUTHORS'' Information cannot be republished without prior written consent of the AUTHOR. All other uses of the AUTHORS'' Information and content, including but not limited to any electronic redistribution or database storage and retrieval -- whether or not for resale -- in full, in part, in full text or in abstract, is prohibited without the express written consent of its AUTHORS and under the terms of this copyright.
AUTHORS of the TTIA Newswire are solely responsible for the facts and accuracy of all information and content submitted by them for transmission by the TTIA. The only responsibility of the TTIA Newswire shall be to use its reasonable efforts to correct any error of fact, timing or omission brought to its attention. The TTIA Newswire reserves the right to reject copy when necessary in its judgment.
1) Determine whether the Information complies with USER''s needs; 2) Determine the credibility of statements and claims made by users of the TTIA; 3) Comply with any legal obligations, including but not limited to, obligations imposed by copyright, secrecy, defamation, decency, and export laws; and 4) Isolate Information, execute anti-contamination software and otherwise take steps to ensure that Information, if contaminated or infected, will not damage USER''s information or system.
Information Not Warranted or Guaranteed In Any Way
The TTIA and its newswire is provided on an "as is, as available" basis. The TTIA makes no warranties, express or implied, including, without limitation, those of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to the TTIA or any ''information''.
The TTIA does not warrant or guarantee
1) the accuracy, adequacy, quality, currency, validity, completeness, or suitability of any Information for any purpose; 2) that the Information will not contain material which some individuals may deem objectionable; or 3) that the functions or services performed by the TTIA will be uninterrupted or error-free or that defects in the TTIA will be corrected.
No TTIA Liability
In no event shall the TTIA be liable to anyone for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions with respect to the Information or the transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof, for any damage arising there from or occasioned thereby, or for the results obtained from the use of the Information. The TTIA will not be responsible if any Information infects or contaminates a USER''s system or information. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the TTIA and the accuracy, adequacy, completeness, currency, validity and quality of any Information is with the USER.
In no event will the TTIA be liable to any party (i) for any direct, indirect, special, punitive or consequential damages (including, but not limited to, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of programs or information, and the like), or any other damages arising in any way out of the availability, use, reliance on, or inability to use the TTTIA or any ''information'', even if the TTIA shall have been advised of the possibility of such damages, and regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise; or (ii) for any claim attributable to errors, omissions, or other inaccuracies in, or destructive properties of any ''information''.
Inquiries concerning the use of the TTIA Newswire photos, video, audio and other TTIA content should be addressed to:
The Communications Committee
Trinidad and Tobago Institute of Architects
P.O. BOX 585, Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago, West Indies.
Telephone No.: 624-TTIA (8842)
Fax No.: 633-4161
E-mail Address: email@example.com